In this policy, the words “we”, “our”, and “us” refer to Overseas Options and the privacy mechanism outlined identify personally identifiable or personal information that may be collected, how such information is used, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information.
In addition to the terms stated in the Term of Use Agreement provided under this Website, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized representatives of Overseas Options on a need-to-know basis only use any information received from you. We constantly review our systems and data to secure your personal information. We will investigate any complaint or such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible. Any user who does not agree with any provisions of the same is required to leave the Website immediately. Should you disagree with policy and still continue to access the Website and provide your personal information, Overseas Options disclaim all the liabilities arising therefrom.
We also may provide additional “just-in-time” disclosures or additional information about the data collection, use, and sharing practices of specific Services. Such notices may supplement or clarify our privacy practices or provide you with additional choices about how we process your personal information.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. Using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and of legal age to form a binding contract with us. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use our Site.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are registered under Company Act 2013 as Overseas Options and refer to ourselves in the first person throughout this policy.
Our registration Office
A7, VB UDYOG COMPLEX, ST. VINCENT ROAD, ERNAKULAM 682018 KERALA STATE.
Overseas Options offers a wide range of products in the higher education sector, both in the physical and virtual realm, customized marketing solutions for the higher education sector, and services developed to assist students in every step of their journey to desired colleges.
Our Data Protection Officer is Aby George. You can contact us by post at:
A7, VB UDYOG COMPLEX, ST. VINCENT ROAD, ERNAKULAM 682018 KERALA STATE or by sending Email at email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Overseas Options collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experience with our services. You will provide some of this data directly, such as when you sign up for our email communication or register for our program through our website or Landing pages. We also collect the information in various ways such as on social media channels, in-person communication, or during the pre-counseling process when we may contact you for additional clarification regarding your profile or to organize one-to-one meetings for you.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this policy, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Database providers from trusted sources
- Social networks when you grant permission to Overseas Options to access your data
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
- Publicly available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a service, you may not be able to use that service.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Overseas Options. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect your username and password when you create your personal account on our websites.
- Demographic data. We collect data about you such as your date of birth, age, gender, country, citizenship and preferred language.
- Educational and professional background. We collect data about your employment history, education history and possibly your standardized test scores.
- Content. Information contained in your resume or CV, information you provide regarding your career and educational development interests and other information about your qualifications for education programs.
- Videos and pictures. Photographs or video recordings may be taken during our physical events, we may use the visual or video captures of your person on our websites or promotional material.
- Other information you may provide to us, such as in feedback forms or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites.
- Information Collected By Automated Means When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes:
- IP address
- Unique device identifier
- Browser characteristics
- Device characteristics
- Operating system
- Language preferences
- Referring URLs
- Information on actions taken on our websites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites and other usage statistics
A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or another Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links webpages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website.
As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins on our websites, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Overseas Options uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide services, which include using data to improve our products and personalize your experience. We may also use the data to communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account, and product information or to send you promotional communication.
However, to enhance privacy, we have built-in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, photographs or video recordings of our physical events will not be connected to your personal data.
Providing and improving our services: We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and perform essential business operations. Examples of such uses include the following:
Providing our services. We use data to make the connection between the prospective candidates and the business schools/colleges, we connect students with our value-added service partners such as discounted couriers, discounted foreign exchange services, discounted air tickets, education loans, discounted student health insurance, etc. We use data to provide guidance services to the candidates, including personalized candidate matching and advising, assessing candidates’ suitability for the programs, and associate candidate qualifications for the specific programs.
We use data also to perform data analytics, such as using the information to match individuals and potential opportunities and analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding the higher education sector).
We use data to connect professionals who are interested in the education sector and would like to use our services as mediators in their connection with universities.
Product Improvement. We use data to continually improve our services. For example, we use your feedback forms to add features to our services or to change them according to your experience.
Communication. We use the data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communication with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email to inform you when we need clarification on the data in your personal account, when your subscription is ending or to discuss educational opportunities that you may be interested in, according to your preference settings.
Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Overseas Options and in relation to the services that our clients are providing.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs, and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our user’s use of our websites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our websites; and (iii) managing our websites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our websites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate the use of the websites. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt-out, please visit the following sites and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
INFORMATION WE SHARE
- We share your personal data to provide the services you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you register for our events and express the will to meet business school representatives that provide more information about their educational opportunities
- We share personal data among Overseas Options-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries
- We share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide value added services. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose
- We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You should know that at any time you can ask us what information we hold for you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate.
- You may withdraw your consent to process your data at any time.
- If we are processing your personal data for reasons of consent or legitimate interest, you can request that your data be erased.
- Finally, in some circumstances you can ask us not to reach decisions affecting you using automated processing or profiling.
PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHERS
We may share information with third parties in some circumstances, including; (1) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (2) with academic or non-profit researchers, with aggregation, anonymization, or pseudonymization; (4) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (5) to protect the vital interest of others, when we have reason to believe that doing so will prevent harm to someone or illegal activities.
Our categories of service providers and partners are:
- Education Loan providers
- Forex Card
- Travel and Tours
- Student’s Insurance
- Courier Service
- Universities/ colleges
OUR RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly. In any case, we will keep it for a period no longer than five years.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Address: A7, VB UDYOG COMPLEX, ST.VINCENT ROAD, ERNAKULAM 682018 KERALA.
- Phone: 91 9995107277
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org